Our dogs love to hike, swim in the lake, and travel with us wherever my husband and I go. The only bad thing about our pups romping through the water and the woods–the bugs! Yuck.
Both of our dogs are on a quality flea and tick medication, but as a non-bug lover I’m happy to go the extra mile to help keep my pups bug free.
Every time we head out into the wilderness I give Rowan and Clover a little spritz of my homemade dog spray which works like a charm and is cheap as dirt to make.
The next time you’re out and about, give this recipe a try…
Homemade Dog Bug Spray
- 16 oz. Water
- 2 drops of Lavender
- 2 drops Citronella
- 2 drops of Cedarwood
- 2 drops of Lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons of carrier oil
- 10-12 ounce spray bottle (use a 16-ounce bottle if this mixture is too strong)
- Fill a 16 oz. spray bottle full of water.
- Add all essential oils.
- Give your mixture a shake.
- Give your dog a spray before you head outdoors!
Love this spray? Then I know you’re also going to love my Lavender Calming Doggy Spray.
Sending lots of love to you and your furbabies