Donut lovers REJOICE!
You no longer have to wait until your favorite donut shop is open to indulge in some yummy, sweet, delicious donuts! You can now make them at home. And best of all, it’s easy(and possible slightly healthier so you can eat more!) 🙂
A friend and made them just the other day and boy were they tasty! So tasty that I wanted to share my modified donut cake and glaze recipes with you.
If you have a sweet tooth, click the image below to watch the video and see how our donuts came out.
If you’re just here for the recipe, you’ll find it below!
Easy Homemade Donut Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Throw all ingredients into a mixer.
- Mix until all ingredients are combine.
- Set oven to 425 degrees
- Pour mixture into donut pan
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown
Easy Homemade Donut Glaze Recipe
- 3 tbs. cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk – you may need to add a little more if your glaze it too thick
- Mix all ingredients together until silky smooth.
- Dunk donuts into the glaze.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
Note: If you don’t like chocolate, leave out the coco powder and you’ll have a vanilla glaze.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!