So, today I’m sharing one of my favorite dog treat recipes in honor of my little guy Rowan’s third birthday!
My little man is just like his mama and prefers ice cream type treats opposed to cakes and cookies–although he’s still never met a cookie he doesn’t like. But, his tail seems to wag just a tad harder when we pull out the bananas and peanut butter to make this treat.
Sure, this recipe is a little messier than buying a box of biscuits from the pet store, but it’s also filled with healthy, natural ingredients and lots of love. Anything for my little man!
Without further ado, here’s Rowan’s special frozen peanut butter banana pop recipe…
Frozen Peanut Butter Dog Pop Recipe
- 2 bananas – over ripe
- 1 5oz container plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (Only use natural PB. other varieties have sugar additives that are harmful–and even deadly–for dogs!
- 1/2 cup water
- Throw all of your ingredients into a blender. If you don’t have a blender, you can mash everything in a bowl or a mixer. I just personally like the creamy and smooth texture that you get when you use a blender.
- Pour into a silicone ice cube tray.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid.
- Serve outside on a warm summer day! Be aware that these treats are messy as they melt.
Easy peasy banana squeezy!
Oh, and before I go, here’s a few pics in honor of my birthday boy. I love this pup to pieces! Happy 3rd birthday Rowan!